The purpose of this counsel is to:
1. Develop and recommend the school improvement plan.
2. Have ongoing responsibility to review with the principal, teachers, and other school personnel, the implementation of the school improvement program; and to assess periodically the effectiveness of the program.
3. Annually review the school improvement plan, establish a new school improvement budget consistent with the Education Code, and if necessary, make modifications in the plan to reflect changing improvement needs and priorities.
4. Take other actions as required by the Education Code.
5. While the School Site Council is entrusted with these responsibilities, it has no authority to enact, enforce, or administer education policy, plans, or programs. The Council's purpose is to advise the principal who, in turn, advises the superintendent and the Board of Education regarding educational programs.
6. The Council is a vital and important resource to the school and to the principal who ultimately remains responsible for decisions which are necessary for the administration and supervision of the school in accordance with Section 78.9 of the California Administrative Code.
|Terry Barth-Duch||Other Employee|